Julie is not joining us for the birth of our second baby. At first I thought this meant no post-birth herbal bath, but I contacted Julie to find out how I could go about making my own herbal bags, only to discover that she has just started selling her special blend to the public!
Contents of your Post-Natal Herbal Bath sachet:
* Lavender - antispetic, analgesic and anti-bacterial properties
* Sage - astringent, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
* Rosemary - astringent, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
* Calendula - anti-septic, soothing wound inflammation, general wound healing
* Witch Hazel - an astringent, curbs bleeding and reduces inflammation
* Uva Ursi - astringent, anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties
* Yarrow - astringent and anti-bacterial properties; the anti-spasmodic effects reduce inflammation. A superior remedy for wounds and cuts.
* Ladies Mantle - astringent, and helps protect healing elastin fibres
* Chamomile - analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-inflammatory properties
* Comfrey - astringent, soothing and healing effects. It reduces inflammation and controls bleeding. It is a superb wound healing herb, particularly effective in slow healing wounds and to help repair tissue damage
* Shepherd's Purse - astringent, anti-septic and useful to reduce bleeding and bruising
* Celtic Sea Salt - helpful in soothing, cleansing and healing of wounds.
For more information on the use of common herbs, go to:
Ageless Herbal Encyclopaedia
Disclaimer: This information is of a general nature and does not constitute medical advice. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any condition.
After Julie makes up her sachets, all you have to do is throw it in your tub!
For more ideas for how to use the herbal sachets or how to get some for yourself or a loved one (what a great blessingway gift!) check out Julie's website: http://melbournedoula.blogspot.com/2010/07/post-natal-peri-care-kit.html